Wednesday 21 August 2019

Can't Wait Wednesday: Well Met by Jen DeLuca

Can't-Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted at Wishful Endings, to spotlight and talk about the books we're excited about that we have yet to read. It's based on Waiting On Wednesday hosted at Breaking the Spine.

All's faire in love and war for two sworn enemies who indulge in a harmless flirtation in a laugh-out-loud rom-com from debut author, Jen DeLuca.

Emily knew there would be strings attached when she relocated to the small town of Willow Creek, Maryland, for the summer to help her sister recover from an accident, but who could anticipate getting roped into volunteering for the local Renaissance Faire alongside her teenaged niece? Or that the irritating and inscrutable schoolteacher in charge of the volunteers would be so annoying that she finds it impossible to stop thinking about him?

The faire is Simon's family legacy and from the start he makes clear he doesn't have time for Emily's lighthearted approach to life, her oddball Shakespeare conspiracy theories, or her endless suggestions for new acts to shake things up. Yet on the faire grounds he becomes a different person, flirting freely with Emily when she's in her revealing wench's costume. But is this attraction real, or just part of the characters they're portraying?

This summer was only ever supposed to be a pit stop on the way to somewhere else for Emily, but soon she can't seem to shake the fantasy of establishing something more with Simon, or a permanent home of her own in Willow Creek.

-- Goodreads.com description --


This sounds like a very cute read and perfect for my current reading slump mood! I wish I didn't have to wait until September to read it.

Which books are you excited to read? Recommendations are always welcome!

If you enjoyed this post, please follow me on Bloglovin'TwitterInstagram and Goodreads! I would really appreciate it!



Have a wonderful day everyone!

14 comments:

  1. I saw someone do an early review of this on Booktube and they really enjoyed it. Hope you love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds hilarious and that cover is so cute! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one is on my wish list too! It sounds cute and fun and perfect for the mood I'm in. I hope we both enjoy it! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope we will both enjoy it as well!

      Delete
  4. This sounds fun, especially the Renaissance Faire angle. That could be hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen this book around and it looks cute!!! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've seen this one around and it does sound super cute and like something I'd enjoy. I hope you love it and it helps with your reading slump!

    Tressa @ Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope it will help the slump as well!

      Delete