Saturday 31 August 2019

Stacking the Shelves: August Book Haul



Stacking the Shelves is a meme co-hosted by Reading Reality and Tynga's Reviews (the image above belongs to these blogs too). Each week bloggers share the books they got.

It has been way to long since my last Stacking the Shelves, so this was overdue!

Let's start with the manga I got:

1. Waiting for Spring vol. 11 by Anashin


This series is the one that got me into more manga this year. I devoured the first volumes! I read these on my e-reader.

2. Tokyo Ghoul boxset by Sui Ishida

Read the first one and really enjoyed it!

3. The Girl from the Other Side: Siúil, A Rún, Volume 1 by Nagabe




I also got some comics:

4. Saga, Vol. 4 by Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples

5. Heartstopper: Volume One by Alice Oseman

I keep hearing great things about this one!

And I also got some books of course!

6. The Silence of the Girls by Pat Barker

7. The Bookish Life of Nina Hill by Abbi Waxman


I got these two in a fantastic bookshop in Middelburg!



I couldn't resist getting the following books for only 2 or 3 euros...



8. The Brief Wonderous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Díaz

9. Home Fire by Kamila Shamsie

10. His Bloody Project: Documents Relating to the Case of Roderick Macrae
by Graeme Macrae Burnet

11. The Key (Engelsfors #3) by Mats Strandberg and Sara Bergmark Elfgren

12. The Good Son by You-Jeong Jeong

13. Assassin's Fate (The Fitz and The Fool Trilogy #3) by Robin Hobb 

I'm slowing making my way through Robin Hobb's books, I'm planning on reading Ship of Destiny at the end of this year! It's kind of has become a tradition to read a Hobb book around the Christmas holidays.

14. The Twentieth Wife (Taj Mahal Trilogy #1) by Indu Sundaresan 



Got the arc of this at a small second hand bookfair supporting a good cause.

15. Venetia by Georgette Heyer




16. Wicked Fox (Gumiho #1) by Kat Cho 



17. The Dragon Republic (The Poppy War #2) by R.F. Kuang 



Currently reading this and really enjoying it!

18. Mythos by Stephen Fry



19. The Mermaid by Christina Henry 


My second Christina Henry, very excited to read it!


Which books did you recently get? Have you read any of the books mentioned above or are you planning to? Leave your thoughts down below!


If you liked this post please follow me on Bloglovin'TwitterInstagram and Goodreads! I really appreciate it! 




Have a wonderful weekend everyone! 








2 comments:

  1. I've heard of Tokyo Ghoul (haha)! And I'm so far behind on Saga these days...

    Ooh Assassin's Fate! And The Dragon Republic looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Silence of the Girls, Mythos and The Mermaid are favorite books of mine! ♥

    ReplyDelete