Monday 5 August 2019

July 2019 Wrap Up

I really need to catch up on my wrap ups this year but they are hopefully coming soon!
Anyway, here is my wrap up for the month of July! I read 13 books/comics/manga last month and it's my best reading month so far this year!

1. I Believe in a Thing Called Love by Maurene Goo 



Since I love watching Kdrama, I felt like I had to read this book. However, the choices the main protagonist made frustrated me to no end. 2 stars.

2. + 3. Waiting for Spring 7 and 8 (Waiting for Spring, #7 + 8) by Anashin



I really love this manga so I had to read these two volumes in a row! 4 stars!

4. Skyward (Skyward #1) by Brandon Sanderson



This was one of my favourite reads this month! I can't wait to read the sequel! 5 stars!

5. Norse Mythology by Neil Gaiman



Really enjoyed this as well! I didn't know too much about Norse mythology before I read this but now I feel more enlightened. Highly recommend it! And this cover is gorgeous! 5 stars!

6. Fairy Tail #01 by Hiro Mashima



I enjoyed this first volume in this manga series. I found this in a Spanish bookstore and decided to read it in Spanish. Ended up going back and buying the other four volumes they had in the store. 4 stars

7. The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller



Another fantastic read! 5 stars! Highly recommend it! 5 stars

8. El fantasma de Anya by Vera Brosgol



Another comic I found in that bookstore in Spain. And once again I read it in Spanish. This is a huge step for me because I almost never read books in Spanish if they are requiered reading.

9. + 10. Orange: The Complete Collection, Volume 1 + 2 by Ichigo Takano



Loved this manga series! I highly recommend it! 5 stars!

11. The Grand Sophy by Georgette Heyer



My first Georgette Heyer! I really enjoyed it but I feel like her endings are quite rushed. 
4 stars

12. Cotillion by Georgette Heyer

4 stars.

13. Bloody Rose (The Band, #2) by Nicholas Eames 



I loved Kings of the Wyld but was strangely disappointed with this one. I really liked the friendships in the first book and in this one I couldn't really connect with the characters and I despised the titular character (which is thankfully not the protagonist). 3 stars.


What did you read in July?

Have you read any of these books or are you planning to? Leave your thoughts and recommendations down below!

If you enjoyed this review, please follow me on Bloglovin'TwitterInstagram, TVShowTime and Goodreads! I would really appreciate it!



Have a wonderful day everyone!

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on having a great reading month. I hope you’re having a good August!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Norse Mythology! I need that one. :)

    Glad you had an awesome reading month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yes, you definitely need to get Norse Mythology!

      Delete
  3. The cover of Norse Mythology by Neil Gaiman is SO pretty in person!!

    ReplyDelete