Sunday 6 October 2019

Sunday Post #82


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted here @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer (image above belongs to @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer). It’s a chance to share news ~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. 
I am also linking The Sunday Salon hosted by Deb Nance of Readerbuzz where bloggers discuss what they are reading and other bookish topics.


Life

I bought my first car on Friday. I still don't really like to drive but I need one to go to my current teaching job. Right after I got home with the new car, I noticed one seatbelt doesn't work and there is something wrong with my tires. So I will have to go back and have this fixed. To be honest, it's stressing me out that my car is already having problems in the first two days that I own it.

Blog and books




Finished reading Darkdawn by Jay Kristoff! I liked it but I kind of also expected more from this finale. Going to start reading Bringing Down the Duke later today!


Movies and TV Shows


I'm now watching the second season of Gran Hotel. I like it but I'm not sure how they will fill so many episodes with more of the same.

Do you have any TV shows of film recommendations spoken in the Spanish language?

What did you read or watch recently?

As always please leave some recommendations on what I should read or watch next! 

If you enjoyed this review, please follow me on Bloglovin'TwitterInstagram, TVShowTime and Goodreads! I would really appreciate it!


Have a wonderful day everyone!

14 comments:

  1. Hopefully, the car issues can be easily resolved, and everything will go well. I don't enjoy driving, but everyone around Houston has to have a car, I think. Oh well.

    I'm sorry Darkdawn was the tiniest bit disappointing. Books should not disappoint us!

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope so too!

      Have a great week as well!

      Delete
  2. My wife and I both loved the first season of Money Heist on Netflix, but have yet to get back to the others. We also loved Narcos. We also are interested in seeing Ministry of Time but haven't gotten to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love La casa de papel as well! Still need to watch others! Going to check them out soon!

      Delete
  3. Here is a post one of our LOHF team members made this month of Spanish horror movies. https://www.ladiesofhorrorfiction.com/2019/09/27/horror-movie-maven-hispanic-heritage-month/ I've seen a couple of them and really enjoyed them. I'm making my way through the rest.

    I've been watching La casa de papel, Alta mar, and Casa de flores on Netflix.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm definitely going to check some of those films out!
      I love La Casa de papel but I still need to watch the others. Thanks for the recs!

      Delete
  4. Cars can be a pain! I’m currently binging on an old Australian tv series called Water Rats. I don’t think I’ve watched anything in Spanish.

    I’m sorry Darkdawn didn’t live up to your expectations. The trilogy is on my wishlist.

    Have a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't heard about Water Rats before, I will check it out!
      The Nevernight trilogy is great! I just somehow expected more epic or shocking moments in Darkdawn, we definitely got some but I guess the wait for this book hyped it up too much for myself.

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on your first car! Not so much on the problems you've found. I hope they are easy to fix. Cars can be a lot of work. I think of them as a necessary evil. I hope you enjoy Bringing Down the Duke. I need to start on that one soon. I keep hearing good things about it. I hope you have a great week, Lynn!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the first car! Hopefully your issues turn out to be minor ones. :)

    I started Alta Mar (High Seas) on Netflix and so far it seems kinda promising but I'm only two episodes in so far...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have two Spanish TV show recommendations: Ministry of Time and Cable Girls. Both are on Netflix. Although they've been dubbed, you can change the language back to the original Spanish. My weekly update

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope the car issues will be fixed quickly! I don't drive (just thinking of it gives me anxiety lol) but I can see how that can be frustration with a new car.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope your car issues can be fixed quickly and easily. I'm sorry it's been stressful for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah for your new car! I remember the excitement when I got mine. Even brand new ones sometimes have issues. I hope yours are easily fixed.

    ReplyDelete