Saturday 18 April 2020

30 TV Show recommendations

As you know, I love reading but I also love watching films and TV shows. I wanted to share some of my favourite shows you can binge during this lockdown period.

I added where you can watch most shows on this list, but be aware that this is based on what you can watch on the streaming sites in Belgium. I don't know if you will be able to watch this in your country.

Lucifer (Netflix)




I have been watching this show since it first started and I still really enjoy it. It's often crazy but so addictive.

This show is about the devil, Lucifer, who comes to earth and assists a female detective to solve crimes. 

Love 020 (Youtube)



This Chinese show is about two gamers who eventually fall in love.

La Casa de Papel (Netflix)



Also known as Money Heist, is a Spanish show about a group of criminals who decide to rob a bank. It's brilliant and incredibly addictive!

Peaky Blinders (Netflix)




I'm currently watching this show together with my father. It's about a family of gangsters who try to extend their territory. It's often quite violent but the characters are so intriguing. My favourite character is probably Polly.

Victoria



This show is about the life of Queen Victoria. I watched the third season during quarantine and while it's not my favourite season, I still really enjoy this show. It's comparable to The Crown (which I love as well) but it's a bit more action-packed.

The Durrells



This show is about a British family that decides to move to Corfu. The characters are entertaining and the landscapes are beautiful.

Lovesick (Netflix)




This show is about Dylan and his group of friends and their relationships. I watched this in the beginning of March and I couldn't get enough of it.

Are You Human? (Netflix)



This is a Korean drama about Nam Shin, an heir to a corporate conglomerate. He is poisoned and falls into a coma, so his scientist mother creates an artificial intelligence robot to take his place. This science-fiction story is very entertaining and romantic. One of my favourite Korean dramas. I highly recommend this one.

W (Netflix)



This is another of my favourite Korean dramas. 
Oh Yeon Joo is a doctor and is suddenly kidnapped and covered in blood. She ended up in the comic book written by her father. The story and the characters start to change and intertwine with reality after this event. It's very action-packed and romantic which makes this show very addictive.

The Good Place (Netflix)



This is a fun show four characters who have died and now live in The Good Place.
It's one of my favourite Netflix comedy shows.

Brooklyn Nine-Nine (Netflix)



This is an incredibly funny show in which a group of police officers solve crimes.

Timeless (Netflix)



The main characters have to travel through time to stop a criminal who stole a time machine and attempts to change the past.

Grace and Frankie (Netflix)



This is a fun comedy about two women whose husbands fell in love with each other and decide to divorce their wives.

Parks and Recreation (Amazon Prime)



From the creators of The Office. Do you really need to know more?

I Am Not Okay With This (Netflix)



This is a show about a girl who develops powers and doesn't really know what to do with it. It strongly reminded me of Carrie and Stranger Things.

Las Chicas del Cable (Netflix)




This is a Spanish show set in the 1920s about a group of girls working in the national telephone company. Mystery, intrigue, drama and romance ensue.

His Dark Materials 



An adaptation of the books, I read them years ago and don't remember everything but I truly enjoyed this series.

Happy Valley 



This is a very gritty police drama. I can't recommend this one enough.

The Umbrella Academy (Netflix)



I adore the characters in this one! It's based on a comic series with the same name.

Chernobyl




This show is based on true events and is portrayed very realistically. My favourite show of last year.

Fleabag (Amazon Prime)



This is a brilliant comedy-drama about the life of a woman, known as Fleabag. It's very entertaining. Season two is definitely my favourite.

Miranda



I love British shows like Fawlty Towers, Blackadder and Are You Being Served. Miranda is a more recent show but still incredibly funny. The love interest is played by Tom Ellis, the actor who is also known for the title role in Lucifer.

Broadchurch



This is a British crime drama starring David Tennant, Olivia Colman and Jodie Whittaker. A boy is found murdered on the beach and this is how the small community deals with the loss and the search for the killer.

Community (Netflix)



This comedy is about a group of students taking Spanish classes. I watched this show while I was studying Spanish at university so I had great fun watching this one!

The End of the F***ing World (Netflix)



This is a wonderfully weird show. James and Alyssa decide to go on a road trip to find her father. James believes he is a psychopath and wants to kill something bigger than animals. 


Lost in Austen



This is inspired by Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice. The main character ends up in the story and starts changing things.

Santa Clarita Diet (Netflix)



This is a horror-comedy show about two married realtors, Sheila and Joel, and their teenage daughter, who are living a quiet life in Santa Clarita. Things suddenly change when Sheila is turned into a zombie.

Godless (Netflix)



Feminist cowboys! Or should I say cowgirls? I can't recommend this one enough!

Sense8 (Netflix)



This is a science-fiction series about eight strangers around the world that are suddenly connected. This is a gem which you really have to watch!


North and South




This is one of my favourite BBC series based on Elizabeth Gaskell's novel. If you like Pride and Prejudice, definitely watch this show as well! Or read the book!



Have you watched these shows or can you recommend others? Leave your thoughts down below!

If you enjoyed this review, please follow me on Bloglovin'TwitterInstagram, TVShowTime and Goodreads! I would really appreciate it!


Have a wonderful day everyone!


6 comments:

  1. I love Lucifer! I'm highly anticipating the next season. I've only watched the first season of Victoria. Just haven't gotten around to the others yet. Love The Good Place, B99, Timeless, Grace and Frankie, The Umbrella Academy, Broadchurch, The End of the F***cking World, Santa Clarita Diet (So sad it was canceled!) and Godless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Lucifer as well! I wish I could watch the new season right now!
      I'm sad about Santa Clarita Diet as well, I will miss it!

      Delete
  2. Great list! I'm a huge fan of The Durrells, we enjoyed North and South, and we've just run across The Good Place. All the rest are new to me, so thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you'll find some new shows to enjoy!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the list! I love Parks and Rec. I also watched all of New Girl in quick order,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I like New Girl as well!

      Delete