Thursday 9 April 2020

March 2020 Wrap Up

Here is my March wrap up. It was quite a difficult month for everyone I believe, but I still managed to read some books and webtoons.

Before all the Corona madness started I discovered Webtoon and I read a lot of comics on the app. I highly recommend them all! I added the Webtoon descriptions, so you can read a summary of the plot.

1. Lore Olympus by Rachel Smythe


This is a stunning Hades and Persephone retelling. I love the artwork. 5 stars!

Witness what the gods do…after dark. The friendships and the lies, the gossip and the wild parties, and of course, forbidden love. Because it turns out, the gods aren’t so different from us after all, especially when it comes to their problems. Stylish and immersive, this is one of mythology’s greatest stories -- The Taking of Persephone -- as it’s never been told before.

2. True beauty by Yaongyi


After binge-watching beauty videos online, a shy, comic book fan masters the art of make-up, then sees her social standing skyrocket as she becomes her school’s prettiest pretty girl literally overnight. 4 stars!

3. Let's Play by Mongié


She’s young, single and about to achieve her dream of creating incredible videogames. But then life throws her a one-two punch: a popular streamer gives her first game a scathing review. Even worse she finds out that same troublesome critic is now her new neighbor! A funny, sexy and all-too-real story about gaming, memes and social anxiety. Come for the plot, stay for the doggo. 5 stars!

4. SubZero by Junepurrr


What would you sacrifice to save your family? How far would you go to protect your people? For Clove, the last princess of a near-extinct Dragon clan, the answer is the unthinkable: MARRY your greatest sworn enemy in an effort to bring peace to your land. 
5 stars!


5. Midnight Poppy Land by Lilydusk


After making a grisly discovery in the countryside, a small town book editor’s life gets entangled with a young Mafia lord and his intimidating bodyguard...even as every step she takes draws her deeper into the dangerous underworld of the city. 5 stars!

6. Asuras Bride by Lilydusk


On her way to an arranged marriage, a haughty princess is ambushed and held captive by bandits until she is rescued by a tired, hungry and pissed off soldier. 4 stars!

7. House of Salt and Sorrows by Erin A. Craig 


I'm enjoying YA stories less and less, this was good but not really my cup of tea anymore. 3 stars. (I haven't read Ninth House yet)

8. House of Earth and Blood (Crescent City, #1) by Sarah J. Maas


Loved this one! 5 stars!

9. Locke & Key, Vol. 1: Welcome to Lovecraft by Joe Hill and Gabriel Rodríguez


4 stars. Not sure when I will continue because these volumes are really expensive.

What did you read recently?
Have you read any of these books or are you planning to? Leave your thoughts and recommendations down below!

If you enjoyed this review, please follow me on Bloglovin'TwitterInstagram, TVShowTime and Goodreads! I would really appreciate it!



Have a wonderful day everyone!

4 comments:

  1. I hope when you read Ninth House that you'll love it. I really did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Locke and Key has me so curious after seeing there's a Netflix show!

    ReplyDelete